Tuesday, April 04, 2006

how'd this yarn get made?


i saw that some people were discussing my yarns on a yahoo site. someone wanted to know how a certain yarn was made - they were not asking me! i wonder why they didn't just come to the source of it, instead of just speculating...

but how do yarns get made? i know color is one of my main starting points. i am so curious about what certain colors will look like in combination with other colors. and texture, of course. probably why so many of us make yarn - color and texture. yarns seem like painting and sculpture combined, and lend themselves to any of the same treatments/explorations as painting/sculpture.

also, i love to push the boundaries of what a yarn is/can be. so it is a great way to explore, perhaps my most favorite reason to exist: exploration for it's own sake. satisfying my curiosity...

2 Comments:

Blogger linda said...

ha~thanx for the note :) i will give it my best shot!

4/04/2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger natasha said...

what is the yahoo group?

do you remember that big ado when that strange person said that my yarn looked like cat puke and that art yarns had no purpose and couldn't be knitted with?

i am not sure what is so confusing to people about how it would be made. hm.

9/13/2006 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home